Idaho Division of Human Resources 180599 in Boise, Idaho
Boise State University
University Health Services
The Financial Technician for Health Services performs critical financial and accounting duties. This position is responsible for the areas of accounts payable, travel authorization and expense reimbursement, as well as accounts receivable management. Additionally, this position approves department purchasing card transactions, account analysis and reconciliation of monthly and yearly financial transactions, completes daily deposit posting, assists with insurance and patient payment posting, and various other administrative duties. The Financial Technician also provides guidance and assistance to Health Services staff members regarding state and university rules and regulations, related to the above. The position requires a high level of teamwork, strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering department accounts payable invoices for payment
- Routinely transferring student balances owed to Account Maintenance
- Reconciling the medical practice management system accounts receivable balance to the University general ledger and prepare related journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Researching accounting systems and records to identify and correct errors on patient accounts
- Preparing daily cash, check and credit card deposits
- Preparing insurance payments for entry into the medical record system
- Approving department purchasing card transactions
- Downloading insurance payment information from various payer/clearinghouse websites
- Entering insurance and patient payments to the patient accounts
- Entering travel authorizations and reimbursements
- Assisting with various other administrative duties
- Good knowledge of financial record keeping methods.
- Experience researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports.
- Experience using personal computers to enter, retrieve, and edit financial data.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures
- Familiarity with accounting and financial management principles
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access and Word)
- Ability to analyze data and work independently
- Ability to learn quickly, take direction, work as part of a team, ask questions and problem-solve
- Previous work experience in a healthcare business environment
You will receive a score based on your answers. You must receive a minimum rating of 56 to pass this examination. Exam results will be available online when the review process is complete. All answers to the questions must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Information and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select:
- Boise State University under "Agencies"
- Full-time* *employment under "Job Type/Shift"
- Boise under "Cities"
Without the above information your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
About Boise State University:
Boise State University is designated a doctoral research institution by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, and currently has 11 doctoral programs. Powered by creativity and innovation, Boise State University stands uniquely positioned in Southwest Idaho as a metropolitan research university of distinction, located in the State’s population center and capital city. Enrollment is over 24,000 students. The Boise area is the heart of Southwest Idaho with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a beautiful city, with high quality schools and housing.
Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) requires all colleges and universities that participate in federal financial aid programs to keep and disclose information about crime on and near their campuses to all job applicants.Click here to read the Boise State University Safety Report.
Background Investigations – Any offer of employment at Boise State University will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation. To view the University’s full Background Investigations policy, please click here
Thank you for your interest in employment with Boise State University!
Open for Recruitment: June 13, 2018 - June 27, 2018
Announcement #: 04248049205
Salary Range: $13.30 -Plus Competitive Benefits!