Enterprise Community Parnters 18:R H-093: Maintenance Supervisor - Capitol Heights Area in Capitol Heights, Maryland
Provides leadership, direction and oversight for the physical condition, appearance, and operational efficiency of the property, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents and a great place to work for associates, exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction and associate engagement.
- *POSITION IS LOCATED AT A NEWLY ACQUIRED COMMUNITY IN THE CAPITOL HEIGHTS, MD AREA *
- Ensures timely, accurate, and high quality completion of resident service requests.
- Contributes to marketing efforts and resident satisfaction by providing excellent customer service; communicates effectively, appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates, management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed promptly and professionally.
- Identifies and completes or oversees completion of routine, preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance repairs, as well as general upkeep tasks throughout the community and on all equipment; maintains appropriate logs and records.
- Effectively manages all maintenance associates; ensures they are fully trained and that all job responsibilities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversees apartment turnovers. Repairs, renovates, paints, and cleans vacant apartments.
- Ensures that all areas are kept safe, tidy and free of trash, debris and animal waste, including the cleanliness of the dumpster areas, as well as the necessary preparation of dumpsters for trash pick-up.
- Continuously monitors all areas of the community and grounds to ensure they are properly and safely maintained; advises management of any areas needing attention.
- Maintains landscaping including watering of the flowers; performs snow removal as needed.
- Complies with all policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding of operational and human resources policies and procedures.
- Resolves complex or advanced service issues including sensitive communications with residents.
- Contributes to the annual budget planning process; maximizes the appeal of the interior and exterior appearance/condition of the property within the parameters set forth in the annual budget; ensures all required and necessary service contracts are in place and renewed annually such to optimize service while minimizing expense; purchases equipment/supplies in accordance with established budgets, and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Responds timely, appropriately and courteously to emergencies.
- Develops and delivers formal and informal training to associates throughout the company as assigned.
- Participates in and attends all required in-service training sessions.
- Supports other communities as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages the maintenance department which may include: Senior Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Apprentice(s), and/or Porter(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TALENTS:
- Minimum three years as a maintenance technician or other applicable experience; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Extensive knowledge in areas such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and excel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strongverbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
- Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.
- Provide basic tool set.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
- When on-call, be ready, available, fit for work, and able to report to the property within 30 minutes of receiving a call.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. An individual in this position will be required to push, lift or carry weight up to 50 pounds. The associate will occasionally be required to transport appliances, furniture, or other large objects using the appropriate safety equipment, while ensuring the safety and security of the property, residents and staff. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. For safety purposes, work shoes/boots (non-tennis shoes) are a requirement. Must also have the ability to access all areas of the community without the assistance of an elevator.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate must be available on-call 24/7 at any property; be available to work for temporary or extended periods at other locations. While performing the duties of this job; the associate must be available to travel off-site. Associate will regularly work near moving mechanical parts. The associate occasionally works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to heat and risk of electrical shock, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. Proper Personal Protective Equipment will be provided and is required to be used. Noise level in work environment is moderate. The associate occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, humid, and/or extreme cold conditions.
Company: R Home Communities
Location: Capitol Heights, MD