McDonald's Supervisor, Strategic Change in Chicago, Illinois
The Supervisor, Strategic Change, is responsible for developing and executing alignment, change enablement, and strategic communication strategies in support of the Global Technology. Global Technology is responsible for the entire global technology portfolio at McDonald’s, ranging from our restaurant and digital technologies to the infrastructure and technology platforms that support our business. McDonald’s restaurant and digital technology powers 71 million orders in 120 countries across the globe every single day – serving 1% of the total global population.
The position is responsible for creating and implementing effective change plans for technology priorities, shifts, and organization change.
The Supervisor is part of the broader Strategic Change team and ensures alignment of change strategies and messages necessary to successfully position Global Technology and its priorities within McDonald's.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Summary of Position Requirements:
· Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in change management, organization development and/or communications-related field
· 2-3 years of professional experience in organization development, consulting, or corporate communications with an emphasis on change management
· Proven leadership and ability to influence and work with multi-disciplined teams
· Excellent communication skills displayed – both verbal and written
· High level of strategic focus/perspective and tactical ability to deliver
· Ability to receive direction and work independently
· Ability to navigate, orchestrate, and work through complex issues with a strategic, tactical, and fresh perspective
· In-depth knowledge of technology and electronic communication strategies/tools
· Demonstrated knowledge of the financial implications of strategic planning (e.g., business case development, budget and planning, resource allocation, and forecasting)
· Aptitude towards technology related work
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
· Ensures alignment and cultivates relationships with key stakeholders within the business and technology
· Communicate and align on shared goals to ensure a common focus on strategic priorities and drive better business results.
· Create opportunities for dialogue and alignment for through departmental meetings, planning process, and internal messaging.
· Advise the leadership team on translating the Global Technology strategic direction and help to prioritize key discussions with the leadership team and initiative teams to align with intended outcomes.
Change Management Strategy for Initiatives
· Develop and manage strategic and comprehensive change strategies for various programs within Global Technology
· Conduct impact analysis to understand stakeholder needs and commitment
· Develop stakeholder management plans to identify key players and resistors of a change initiative and plans to aid their transitions
· Assist with the development and socialization of processes and protocols for implementing change
· Work closely with others in the Strategic Change team to align strategic messaging of technology efforts and utilize innovative communication messages / channels to breakthrough to key audiences
· Support project teams by developing communication strategies and plans to support broader change management goals on key initiatives
· Assist in the planning and development of communications for organizational change and specific organizational events
· Provide change management coaching to leaders to ensure we optimize people ROI on critical initiatives
· Counsel individuals on development of key messages and on effective message delivery to various stakeholders
· Support project teams by reviewing and recommending refinements to communication deliverables
· Provide leadership coaching and thought partnership to Leadership Team members for how change plans can and should be applied to their various projects
· Leverage knowledge of communication principles and practices and the functional area employee mindset to advise and assist functional teams
Supervisor, Strategic Change
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.