GCC Technologies LLC Senior Contract Specialist in DC Metro Area, District Of Columbia
GCC Technologies, founded in 1997 with headquarters in Oakland, Maryland, is a fast growing service-disabled Veteran owned Small Business and HUBZone company with an outstanding record of performance providing more effective and efficient acquisition, business process, administrative and security services to multiple federal agencies. GCC was recently ISO certified under ISO 9001:2008.
GCC Technologies is in need of an experienced Contract Specialist to support their client the Department of Education located in Washington, DC.
Mastery of Federal, Agency and local contract law and regulations as they apply to procurement. Work is assigned in terms of overall procurement projects. Develops priorities and critical project milestones. Once procurement plans are approved, independently carries out all aspects of the work, coordinating with other agencies and resolving problems as necessary. Develops sources for procurements, conducts industry analysis and analyzes financial market in terms of mergers, bankruptcies, labor strikes, material shortages, acts of God and costs. Evaluates protests and mistakes in bid, coordinates with Small Business Administration for certificate of competency. Formulates negotiation strategy, planning for multiyear or multi-stage procurements. Skilled in negotiation techniques and analysis necessary to conduct negotiations and meet and deal with high level business, industry, scientific and government officials. May require, lifting (weight amount will vary depending upon assignment), standing and/or sitting for periods of time, stooping, bending, stretching as necessary. Performs other administrative and contractual duties as required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 24 business credit hours.
- Ten (10) or more years of intensive and progressive experience in government procurement procedures and techniques.
- Position is responsible for pre-award and post award contract functions including sophisticated contracts for research, development and test and evaluation.
- Pre-award roles include analysis of requirement, recommendations for revisions to the statement of work or specifications, determination of type of contract, milestones and procurement plan.
- Prepares initial agency position on receipt of award protests.
- Post award roles include contract administration, performance termination actions, negotiation of termination settlements and closeout.
- FAC-C or Dawia level II or III or equivalent certification required.
GCC Technologies LLC is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, on-the-job injury, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that employers are prohibited by law from considering. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.
GCC Technologies. also prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability.* VETS encouraged to apply.*
Job Title: Senior Contract Specialist
Date Posted: 6/13/2018
Location: DC Metro Area, DC
Job Type: Full-Time Regular