Basler Electric Co Systems Administrator in Highland, Illinois
This position manages all activities related to the administration of Microsoft servers and relative applications including purchase recommendations, installations, regular maintenance, and operation monitoring in a 24x7 global domain.
Reports to: Information Systems and Operations Manager
- Manage all aspects of the Microsoft® environment including design, implementation, documentation, security, validation, upgrades, and patching.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for the server environment including operating systems and third party applications.
- Diagnose and recover failed systems or applications.
- Perform backups and restores for servers and other systems.
- Maintain OS patch schedule and third party software updates including testing and deployment.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of both hardware and software specifications and settings.
- Conduct training and user support for Microsoft related software and third party software including electronic mail, calendar/scheduling, and office software.
- Ensure conformity of servers with other information systems and Company practices/objectives.
- Initiate and maintain contact with outside organizations for maintenance, service, and/or purchase recommendations for the Microsoft environment.
- Participate in the establishment, implementation, and enforcement of various hardware and software policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Act in liaison capacity with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the investigation, analysis, and resolution of Windows Server situations.
- Confer and advise management and other users on the functional capabilities of various servers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Three years of Microsoft Exchange and Windows Server experience required.
- Three years of VMware virtualization experience required.
- Three years of experience in design, installation, and operation of software/hardware supporting Domain Controllers, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Group Policy, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM is required.
- Knowledge of security best practices for Microsoft® technologies required.
- Travel as required for training, support of project tasks or job related needs.