SC Department of Public Safety Health Care Authority III (#012414) Lee Correctional Institution, Bishopville (LEE) Level 3 in Lee County, South Carolina
- Responsible for daily supervision of the health care activities (sick call, medication administration, etc.) within assigned clinical area.
- Monitors quality of daily patient care on a 24-hour/7-day week continuum.
- Plans and coordinates with Director of Nursing (DON) the activities required to meet inmate health care needs in a medical clinic/infirmary including:
- Mental health
- Dental Services
- Emergency care after normal operational hours.
- Assists with daily operation of the clinic (I.E. Sick call, medication administration, treatments, emergencies, etc.).
- Documents and supervises documentation on medical records, maintaining confidentiality.
- Coordinates admissions or appointments with appropriate facility and provides appropriate documentation.
- Assists clinic DON with providing health education for inmates and staff.
- Interfaces with physicians, security, institutional administrative, and support services, and divisional administration, acting as a role model to staff.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.state.sc.us
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and related nursing experience. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the division of State Human Resources)
SCDC minimum requirements: A bachelor's degree in nursing and four (4) years experience as a registered nurse, including two (2) years supervisory nursing experience; OR an associate degree in nursing and six (6) years experience as a registered nurse, including two (2) years supervisory nursing experience.
This position is recruited through NEOGOV, please apply via this website.
Additional Comments: MUST submit a resume when applying for this position.
Job Title: Health Care Authority III (#012414) Lee Correctional Institution, Bishopville (LEE) Level 3
Agency: Department of Corrections
Opening Date: Thu. 06/14/18
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 06/21/18 4:30 PM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: $66,550.00 - $85,914.00 annually
Agency Hiring Range: Min: 66,550.00 Max:85,914.00
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: Lee County, South Carolina
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:00am - 4:00pm) Hours/Week : 37.50 Shift/Work Schedule: 02