Intermountain Healthcare Registered Nurse (RN) - On Call/PRN - Life Flight Ground Transport - Logan in Logan, Utah
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Ground Transport Nurse demonstrates advanced critical thinking capabilities in working autonomously and in collaboration with other health care providers in the delivery of care to critically ill patients in ground ambulance vehicle.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs appropriate assessment of physical, social and psychological status (including cognitive, communicative and developmental skills as appropriate).
- Seeks and evaluates information acquired from patient record and other members of interdisciplinary team: referring healthcare provider, patient, family, physician(s), non-nursing disciplines, support staff, others.
- Uses assessment information and independent critical thinking skills to autonomously and collaboratively develop individualized plan of care.Actively seeks patient, family, team, and physician involvement to develop plan of care including needed education.
- Coordinates and effectively communicates decision-making process and plan for patient care with team members and other health care providers, where possible and appropriate.Prepares patients for further support at receiving facilities.
- Directs medical care via delegation, coordination and collaboration as appropriate.Provides or delegates care consistent with plan of care, guidelines of care and professional licensure provisions.
- Demonstrates the ability to set priorities and to coordinate and organize patient care delivery through effectively managing time, supplies, and resources.Selects and administers the appropriate medications and calculates correct dosage based on physical findings.
- Evaluates patient response to interventions through review of achievement of goals, clinical outcomes, patient and family satisfaction.
- Revises plan of care as indicated, and reassesses changes as appropriate.
- Promotes nursing profession and education and actively participates in development of self and others.
- Integrates legal and ethical standards into practice: complies with regulatory standards, practices within scope of licensure, provides accurate & timely documentation, and understands legal implications of care delivery.
- Evaluates transports according to established quality management criteria and guidelines.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/On-Call position with no set schedule and no guaranteed hours
- Department: Life Flight, Logan Regional Hospital
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Certification(s) as appropriate to area(s) of practice (i.e., Pediatric Advanced Life Support [PALS], Advanced Cardiac Life Support [ACLS], etc.).
- Two years experience as an RN.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to be at the base hospital location within 20 minutes of dispatch.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required or willing to obtain by June 2022. ** Note: Anyone hired or promoted into R.14 grade on or after July 1, 2017 must obtain their BSN degree on or before June 1, 2022. After that date in June 2022, all future promotions to grade R14 will require a BSN.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution.
- ED or ICU RN experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Logan Regional Hosp
Job Type On-Call / PRN