ITA International MARMC IT Technical Support Specialist in Norfolk, Virginia
ITA International (ITA) is a provider of integrated support services to include analysis, planning, training, acquisition management, cyber/intelligence, engineering, logistics, and maritime support services to government, non-governmental organizations and commercial customers worldwide.
ITA is anticipating an upcoming opportunity for an IT Technical Support Specialist for our Norfolk Naval, VA location. This position is contingent upon contract award September 2019.
• Provide customers technical support by coordinating software, hardware, network, and security issue resolution.
• Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot IT systems and peripherals.
• Provide training to customers.
• Provide support and maintenance necessary to ensure effective and efficient IT system performance and security.
• Assess and escalate IT issues to the NMCI when resolutions cannot be provided to the customer.
• Coordinate and resolve technical issues with NMCI, as required.
• Research and solve problems in response to customer reported incidents and problems relating to IT issues.
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve technical support and resolve customer problems;
o assist with and/or assess problem situations;
o gather relevant information; identify solutions and/or recommendations;
o implement corrective actions;
o coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts to resolve customer inquiries.
• Apply knowledge of a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods to analyze data and apply results to problem resolution.
• Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic trends and patterns in technical support requirements.
• Update and maintain problem tracking and resolution databases (e.g., IT Help Desk ticketing system).
• Operate IT tools and system, including navigating IT systems to: search for, retrieve, or access data or information; organize data clearly; and/or output data in usable and user-friendly format.
• Enter accurate customer data into IT systems such as SharePoint IT Help Desk; guide customers in the use of IT systems related to the organization’s operations. Open, monitor, resolve, and close customer tickets.
• Assess and provide assistance to command personnel on IT related service requests received from within and outside the command and track each one as they move through each phase of resolution.
• Prepare formal requests and reports for request processes that must be sent out of the IT division.
• Assess the impact of IT related requests to ensure they are addressed correctly and in the most expedient manner.
• Provide various information systems solutions support that bridge the gap between organization mission and existing government technical capabilities.
• Provide support to install network copper/fiber cable and will coordinate with other local activities to install power as required.
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and provide updates quarterly or as tasked.
• Review and monitor incoming/outgoing messages for format, addressees, regulatory or procedural errors, security violations, etc., ensuring procedures utilized adhere to communications directives and security regulations, procedures, and techniques.
• Schedule and conduct training for message preparation and release for command users.
• Answer trouble calls for naval message drafters.
• Draft and release naval messages once they are approved by the proper authority.
• Operate and maintain MARMC message processing capabilities.
• Provide naval message administration and tech support to all Military, Government Employees, and Contractors assigned to MARMC.
• Provide functional and/or technical specifications for operating systems for SIPRNET and NIPRNET Command Email/Navy Interface for Command Email Messaging System (C2OIX messaging) or current naval messaging system to meet current DOD, DON, NETWARCOM classified and unclassified message processing.
• Maintain databases and assign user accounts for SIPRNET and NIPRNET Command Messaging Systems (e.g. C2OIX).
• Provide after-hours continuous messaging support via MARMC duty phone, as required.
• Coordinate with NCTAMS in troubleshooting of SIPRNET and NIPRNET Command Messaging Systems (e.g. C2OIX) to provide minimal system outages.
• Travel to and from NCTAMSLANT, as required, for message processing functions.
• Four (4) years of related IT service desk/technical support experience
• Up to two (2) years of job- related experience may be substituted for each year of IT/Cyber related college completed or for each current certification held.
• Two (2) years of experience, or a combination of one (1) year of experience and one (1) year of formal training, with military message handling system(s) and procedures desired.
• CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, or Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification (or higher level certification) or Associate’s Degree (or higher level degree) from an accredited University in the field of Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Management, Computer Science, or Cybersecurity required.
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge to conduct basic IT troubleshooting and apply techniques to resolve customer issues.
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with Government civilian, Military personnel, and other Contractors at all levels of staff and management to ensure customer satisfaction and requirements have been fully met.
• Experience with Windows 10 and core applications to include Office 2016, Internet Explorer (latest version), Adobe products, and other Microsoft applications.
• Experience with DISA Windows 10 SHB (Secure Host Baseline) desired.
• Experience with SharePoint 2013.
• Possess a valid Driver’s License.
• Experience with, or ability to acquire the skills to:
o Military messaging format lines,
o drafting messages,
o releasing messages,
o trouble call responses,
o knowledge of who can release messages.
• Training and/or experience with developing/managing military messaging systems desired.
• Experience with Command and Control Official Information Exchange (C2OIX) desired.
• Experience using functional and or technical specifications for various operating systems and software applications for both NIPRNET and SIPRNET network systems desired.
• Ability to meet policies, instructions, and guidelines set forth under the Department of the Navy, Department of Defense, Naval Computer and Telecommunications Station Atlantic, and Commander Naval Network Warfare Command.
• Knowledge of applicable documentation, instructions, and policies regarding message traffic handling procedures (e.g. SECNAV M-5210.2-SECNAV DON SSIC Manual; OPNAVINST 5513.16B-Declassification of 25 Year Old Department of the Navy Information; Naval Telecommunications Procedure Telecommunications User’s Manual, NTP-3 dtd July 1997, etc.).
• Meet operational requirements (i.e. contractor personnel should arrive ready to work with proper certifications) and meet minimum credential requirements iaw DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, DoD 8140.01, Cybersecurity Workforce Management, SECNAV 5239.2-M, Cyberspace Information Technology and Cybersecurity Workforce Management and Qualification Manual.
• U.S. citizenship and a SECRET security clearance.
• Active SECRET clearance
ITA international is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
External Company URL: http://www.ita-intl.com/
Fill Type: Proposal
Street: Naval Station Norfolk
Post End Date: 12/28/2019