Castleton Commodities International LLC Plant Technician in Rensselaer, New York
Castleton Commodities International (CCI) is seeking a Plant Technician for the Rensselaer, NY cogeneration plant. This position will safely operate and maintain the facility and all equipment to meet production schedules and minimize cost. Responsible for daily operation and maintenance of all equipment at the plant. Takes direction from and coordinate with the plant management staff in the performance of required duties.
- Understand and adhere to all plant safety guidelines and procedures. Strive to maintain an injury free work environment.
- Required to be able to perform all duties and responsibilities associated with operating the facility both from the control room and as required from the plant floor.
- Perform plant mechanical, electrical and instrument maintenance as is assigned within individual’s ability.
- Understand and adhere to all plant policies, programs, procedures, contracts and commitments to within the employees capabilities.
- On backshift, weekends and holidays responsible for reporting all plant abnormalities that have a reasonable potential to disrupt plant operations to the Plant manager. Additionally, act in the best interest of the plant and the ownership on emergent matters that cannot receive management level approval until a later time.
- Control plant processes and electrical distribution through plant distributive control system (DCS) and all other process control devices.
- Conduct regular rounds of plant and equipment. Correct operational problems when practical and documents problems found in MP-2. Maintain plant housekeeping standards.
- Perform boiler and cooling tower water quality testing and make correction to the process as necessary in order to maintain plant water quality as well as ensure environmental compliance. Mix appropriate water chemicals for all plant processes. Chemical handling is required.
- Assist in the update of drawings and prints as changes are made. Maintain plant technical library and equipment history.
- Maintain accurate logs and other records of plant operation, as legal documents.
- Participate in plant training and qualification program. Participation includes lesson planning, conducting group training, providing qualification checkouts up to phase II, safety and administrative programs.
- Assist in the planning and control of plant budget.
- Provide leadership and job coordination for all plant projects being executed while on shift. Including contractor briefings, lockout control, confined space entry, hot work and safe work permitting.
- Administratively assist in performance of duties relating to procurement warehousing, MP-2, and scheduling as required.
- Associate's Degree in Science Degree or equivalent required (e.g. US Nuclear Power Program)
- Three to five years experience power generation is highly desired
- Must demonstrate a strong aptitude in math, mechanical/electrical ability and production control
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills are a must
- Basic computer skills are required
Type: Regular Full-Time