SC Department of Public Safety Lieutenant I (#021355) Manning Reentry/Work Release Center (RICHLAND) Level 1 in Richland County, South Carolina
- Under general supervision, plans, coordinates, and directs the actions of the security staff and oversees security, custody, and control of inmates in assigned unit(s) of a minimum security facility.
- Assumes primary responsibility for security for all buildings and public property.
- Makes routine checks of the unit(s) to ensure subordinate staff are performing their duties properly and safely, and that cleanliness and OSHA standards are maintained.
- Assists with all inmate counts for accuracy.
- Investigates complaints and violations; arbitrates disputes among inmate population and correctional staff.
- Acts as Shift Captain in his/her absence.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
State of South Carolina minimum requirements: A high school diploma and supervisory experience in correctional, security, or police work. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources.)
SCDC minimum requirements: Thirty months experience in correctional security or police work, to include one year of correctional supervisory experience. Must be Certified by the SCDC Training Academy and successful complete the Basic Supervisory Course within six months of entry into the position.
Job Title: Lieutenant I (#021355) Manning Reentry/Work Release Center (RICHLAND) Level 1
Agency: Department of Corrections
Opening Date: Thu. 06/14/18
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 06/21/18 4:30 PM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: $31,575.00 - $40,753.00 annually
Agency Hiring Range: Min: 31,575 Max:40,753
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: Richland County, South Carolina
Normal Work Schedule: HOURS/WEEK: 040.00 SHIFT/WORK SCHEDULE: E1 WORK TIME: 0600 AM - 0600 PM