Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy Tech II - Pharmacy Tech II-Primary Children’s Community Pharm in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The Pharmacy Technician (Level II) demonstrates consistent application of knowledge and skills in assisting the pharmacist in the execution of appropriate, safe, efficient, effective, and cost effective pharmaceutical care in the scope of their particular assignment. This position participates in the procedural aspects of pharmacy practice under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and is an integral part of the pharmacy team. Incumbents of this position are expected to practice at a level of practice associated with an experienced, competent technician.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides customer service to patients, pharmacists, other technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
- Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
- Understands and is compliant to state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
- Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
- Provides delivery of medications, information, or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
- Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 40 hours a week. 30 hours a week scheduled with option to increase up to 40 hours. Schedule may include some evenings and weekends.
- Department:Primary Children's Community Pharmacy located within Primary Children's Hospital.
- Current Utah technician license to practice as a pharmacy technician.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
- Previous pediatric retail Pharmacy Technician experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Spanish speaking.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City