J&J Family of Companies Senior Financial Analyst in San Francisco, California
BabyCenter is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in New Brunswick, NJ, with considerations to New York, NY, and San Francisco, CA.
BabyCenter, the #1 digital resource for new and expectant parents, is looking for a digital producer to create a better experience for our users, in order to achieve our goal of improving maternal health worldwide. The digital producer will work within a content production team in our San Francisco office. BabyCenter is the world's partner in parenting. The #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, BabyCenter reaches more than 51 million moms and dads in every corner of the globe through its 11 owned and operated properties in nine different languages.
In the United States, 8 in 10 new and expectant moms online use BabyCenter each month. BabyCenter provides parents with trusted information, advice from peers, and support that's Remarkably Right® at every stage of their child's development. Products include websites, mobile apps, online communities, email series, social programs, print publications, and public health initiatives.
BabyCenter leverages its industry-leading audience engagement to provide unparalleled insights and innovative marketing solutions to the world's top brands, retailers, and institutions. BabyCenter is also committed to improving maternal health globally and, through its Mission Motherhood™ campaign, works closely with nonprofits, NGOs, and governments to help make motherhood safer for all women.
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. Visit BabyCenter on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn, or follow @BabyCenter and @MomInsights on Twitter.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to work with large amounts of information, synthesize trends and insights, and communicate findings to an executive audience. You will have the ability to collaborate with business partners to transform operational data into insights, build working models to foresee challenges, and influence others to take action. We're looking for someone with demonstrated analytical experience who can operate independently and proactively, identify outliers, and use sound reasoning and logic to make decisions.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Perform monthly close processes: journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis
• Perform budget vs. actual analysis reviews with various levels of management
• Own budget preparation for Business Plan and other forecast updates
• Own limited aspects of corporate submissions and J&J financial reporting
• Partner with cross-functional business counterparts to develop annual business plans and analyze year-to-date performance and historical trends; collaborate with responsible parties to develop action plans to close any identified gaps; make financial updates in accordance with the J&J financial calendar
• Handle intercompany transactions with affiliate companies
• Maintain SOX control documentation and participate in SOX testing and audit activities as needed
• Lead, innovate, and execute a range of value-creating projects to drive superior business results; ad hoc projects include data analysis, insights generation, and communication of results
• Own revenue reporting, including but not limited to: revenue reconciliation, incentive compensation payment processing, biweekly sales pipeline reporting, and operational improvements to support optimization of digital sales and media fulfillment
• Own processes for the tracking, reporting, and forecasting of software development capital
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree is required, preferably with a major in finance or accounting
• 3+ years of progressive experience in financial analysis, accounting, reporting, and planning
• Experience with SOX compliance
• Track record of successfully delivering analyses that drive tactical and strategic decision-making
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills to include VLOOKUPS, pivot tables, formulas, and the ability to build and use complex models
• High level of proficiency in crafting PowerPoint presentations, along with the ability to present to all levels of leadership within the organization
• SAP experience preferred
• CPA or CMA preferred; we will support ongoing certification efforts
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Highly organized, dedicated, and passionate about the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with a broad range of responsibility
• If you are working from NJ or NY, this position requires up to 20% travel to San Francisco, CA
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. BabyCenter does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, political ideology, ancestry, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities, or other legally protected status.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-California-San Francisco, North America-United States-New York-New York
BabyCenter, LLC (6009)