The Wesley Community Resident Assistant in Saratoga Springs, NY (Part Time, Evening) in Saratoga Springs, New York
Job Overview: The Wesley Community is currently seeking Resident Assistants.
- All positions require weekend availability
- Current openings include: Part Time Evening or Per Diem positions
WHAT CAN THE WESLEY COMMUNITY OFFER ME?
- Flexible Schedule! Work part time or go to college? We can work around your existing schedule. Most of our part time employees work between 16 - 24 hours a week.
- A dedicated, caring and passionate Wesley Team ready to support you and provide opportunity!
- A fun environment, with family picnics, theme weeks, recognition events and opportunities to become involved within our campus.
- Benefits for full time and qualifying part time employees upon hire!
I'M NEW TO LONG TERM CARE, WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
- Long Term Care is very rewarding, as you have the ability to make a difference in someone's life every day. You will build relationships with the residents, staff and families of your unit while providing care in a home-like setting.
- Expect to be challenged by a wide variety of situations - no two days are the same.
- Lots of one-on-one time and attention spent on your residents.
ABOUT THE WESLEY COMMUNITY:
The Wesley Community has provided services and programs with a commitment to compassion, caring and excellence for 40 years. Our distinctive continuum of care offers a unique balance of community living and caregiving that ensures quality of life at every stage of life. We are a mission driven, not-for-profit organization that puts people first. We are proud of our reputation for excellence, innovation, and a personal approach to care and services. We encourage and support our residents in their efforts to achieve their goals, and we treat them respectfully. To us at the Wesley Community, it's more than a job, it’s caring that starts in the heart.
The Wesley Community is a 36-acre, non-profit agency in Saratoga Springs, NY. Sponsored by United Methodist Health and Housing, Inc., The Wesley Community’s unique continuum of care community provides market rate and affordable housing for independent seniors, enriched living apartments for seniors who desire additional support, in-home health care services, short-term rehabilitation and long-term nursing care, as well as outpatient therapies for people of all ages.
The Resident Assistant performs duties related to the personal care and comfort of the residents according to their case management needs. Performs services necessary for the cleanliness and care of the resident’s environment, personal items and equipment. Treats the residents with respect and dignity, recognizing individual needs and encourages independence.
Performs duties as assigned by and under the supervision of the Nurse Manager (s) and Director.
1.High School graduation preferred
2.Has the ability to complete the training and pass appropriate tests.
1.No prior experience necessary.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Report all accidents and incidents you observe immediately. Complete Incident Report and notify physician and family per protocol.
2.Use only authorized abbreviations established by this facility when recording information.
3.Report all changes in resident's condition to your supervisor as soon as practical.
4.Other duties/responsibilities within the scope of training as may be assigned to promote a high level of competent care and quality of life.
Admission, Transfer, and Discharge Functions
1.Ensure that the resident's apartment is ready for receiving the resident (i.e., bed made, dishes done, laundry put away.)
2.Greet and escort the resident to his/her apartment.
3.Introduce resident to other residents and personnel as appropriate.
4.Make resident comfortable.
5.Inventory and mark the resident's personal possessions as instructed.
6.Store resident's clothing.
7.Assist residents in the care of their personal belongings as necessary.
1.Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned work tasks.
2.Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures and as instructed by your supervisor.
3.Notify the Nurse Manager/ designee when you will be late or absent from work.
4.Promptly report all complaints and grievances made by the resident to the Nurse Manager/ Director.
5.Cooperate with personnel from other departments.
6.Follow policies and procedures including dress code guidelines for Resident Assistants.
7.Be knowledgeable of and follow all Woodlawn Policies and Procedures.