ALCOA Financial Analyst in United States
Massena, NY 13662, USA
Alcoa Corporation is a global industry leader in the production of bauxite, alumina and aluminum, enhanced by a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa Corporation draws on the innovation culture, customer relationships and strong brand of ParentCo. Previously known as the Aluminum Company of America, ParentCo pioneered the aluminum industry 128 years ago with the discovery of the first commercial process for the affordable production of aluminum. Since the discovery, Alcoa aluminum was used in the Wright brothers’ first flight (1903), ParentCo helped produce the first aluminum-sheathed skyscraper (1952), the first all-aluminum vehicle frame (1994) and the first aluminum beer bottle (2004).Today, Alcoa Corporation extends this heritage of product and process innovation as it strives to continuously redefine world-class operational performance at its locations, while partnering with its customers across its range of global products. We believe that the lightweight capabilities and enhanced performance attributes that aluminum offers across a number of end markets are in increasingly high demand and underpin strong growth prospects for Alcoa Corporation.Alcoa Corporation’s operations encompass all major production processes in the primary aluminum industry value chain, which we believe provides Alcoa Corporation with a strong platform from which to serve our customers in each critical segment.
Alcoa Aluminum is looking for a Financial Analyst to be based in our Massena, New York facility. This highly visible role is a unique opportunity to work with a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals who are responsible for the financial reporting/compliance and business strategy of the Massena smelter and casthouse. In this role you will have the opportunity to work directly with location finance team and will act as business partner to our department leaders.
You will perform key financial reporting and analysis processes, will assist with the review, consolidation and preparation of the weekly forecasts, prepare monthly reporting packages, and assist the Controller with other strategic and business analysis as required.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide expertise and analysis to support Alcoa Massena reporting and strategic initiatives.
Major activities/Key Challenges:
• Drive improved linkage and standardization of key financial reporting and analysis processes between the plant and the BU.
• Provide monthly financial management reporting & analysis.
• Assist with annual planning and monthly forecasting deployment for the location.
• Coordinate process to improve management of cost saving initiatives with the location (DI management).
• Prepare presentations for Lead Team review and use.
• Assist with account reconciliation, audit self-assessment testing and account analysis for the Massena plant.
• Perform special project work as required to address a myriad of complex, non-standard analysis to support leaders' decisions.
• Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited university.
• Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• MBA and/or CPA
• Proficient in Microsoft office programs
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
• Thrive in a team environment and ability to work independently
• Ability to work in high-intensity environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.