Aon Corporation Underwriter - Fine Arts in Washington, District Of Columbia
Aon Is Looking For An Underwriting Professional
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Huntington T. Block Insurance business group within Aon Affinity, in Washington, DC.
*Your Impact As An Underwriting Professional *
Complying with Aon’s Professional Customer Service Standards and HTB’s procedures, this position is responsible for underwriting assigned risk, maintaining clients, producing new business and generally successfully completing all tasks as assigned in a timely and efficient manner. This is an upper-level Fine Art insurance underwriter position responsible for analyzing risks and assigning appropriate rates, deductibles and terms accordingly. Moreover, this position is responsible for maintaining sub-agent accounts with a varying array of exposures is addition to in-house, direct HTB insureds as required
- Underwrite Fine Art insurance risks by following established guidelines and per assigned authority. It is required that each underwriting e-file contain the associated underwriting work sheet(s).
- Manage assigned book of business:
- Retain 96% of assigned book’s annual policy count.
- Retain 98% of assigned book’s recurring premium and revenue.
- Generate recurring new business as agreed; for 2018 = $40,000.
- Actively support cross-selling efforts and diligently maintain new business spreadsheet;
- Readily assist manager and other team members as needed;
- Process policies, endorsements, binders and certificates and invoice premiums correctly and timely in accordance with “Contract Certainty” and per HTB’s procedures;
- Obtaining required underwriting information for new business and updates for current accounts;
- Follow-up with insurance company underwriting requests;
- Assist and or lead in preparing for company audits;
- Travel to London, attend gallery openings, Aon meetings and or trade show conferences as required;
- Manage account receivables for applicable accounts;
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing e-files;
- Responsible for maintaining active e-files particularly as respects relevant correspondence;
- Assist with special projects as needed;
- Additional duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- P&C; license preferred –must be obtained within six months of hire date
- Flexible and open to receiving a wide variety of tasks and assignments;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have superior attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Must actively support a team environment and assist management and colleagues as requested;
- Travel required: locally or long distance as appropriate;
- Does not exceed expense budget;
- Must pursue a program of personal and professional development;
- Flexibility regarding standard working hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.) including occasional early mornings, late evenings or weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate education and/or work experience;
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2442206
Category: Account Management / Brokerage / Insurance
Location: United States, DC, Washington