IBM Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop Specialist in WEST PENNANT HILLS, Australia
This role requires working from the client premises as required, which is based in Kogarah.
This position is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of production and non-production Citrix infrastructure, applications, systems, and tools. This will involve developing detailed recommendations for business areas, management, architectural design, strategic planning and implementation. Daily tasks include but are not limited to troubleshooting and resolving issues, monitoring and tracking, Configuring XD infrastructure, Upgrading, auditing, consultation with other departments to resolve systems issues and analyzing and recommending system changes.
• Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA – V)
• Minimum of five years of experience in technology solutions (i.e. network, administration, security essentials, desktop & server administration, application configuration & administration, application development), including administering Windows Servers in an enterprise environment.
• Minimum of five years experience with different versions XenApp/XenDesktop with at least two years experience administering XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x in a large enterprise environment.
• Strong experience with Install, configure, upgrade and maintenance of Citrix XenDesktop components which Includes Delivery Controllers, License, Desktop Director, Provisioning Services, Storefront and VDA.
• Experience utilizing enterprise level virtualization technologies such as VMware.
• Experience with using scripting tools such as VBscript and Powershell
• Strong experience with tools such as Process Monitor, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and other server monitoring tools to troubleshoot server software as well as network issues.
• Developing proposals for management with strong Agile project management & planning skills.
• Able to manage program level activities by developing and executing against a strategic program charter.
• Process improvement skills
• Solid negotiation
• Extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
• Strong organizational qualities in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize and communicate project status to applicable parties.
• Team player with positive work attitude
• Self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision.
• Citrix Netscaler skills will be advantageous, in particular having strong knowledge of Netscaler integration for Citrix User access layer.
# Skill Minimum skill level required
1 Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp Sys Admin 5
2 Problem Solving 4
3 Enterprise Backup Solutions 3
4 Enterprise Storage 3
5 XenDesktop/XenApp Patching/Upgrade concepts 5
6 Windows Operating System 4
7 Microsoft SQL or Postgres SQL 3
8 Networking 3
# Skill Minimum skill level required
1 Written & Verbal Communication 4
2 Documentation 4
3 Teaming in virtualised team setting 5
Skill Level Description:
• 1 - No experience, limited knowledge;
• 2 - Very limited experience, has general knowledge only;
• 3 - Has performed independently in routine situations, can perform with assistance, has applied knowledge;
• 4 - Repeated experience without assistance, has in-depth knowledge, can direct other in performing;
• 5 - Extensive and comprehensive experience, comprehensive knowledge, can give expert advice and lead others to perform
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.