SC Department of Public Safety Business Analyst II- Information Services in York County, South Carolina
- Reviews the symptoms of an application software problem and determine if it's related to human processes, system processes, the data, a defect in the software, or configuration of the software. Collaborate to determine best resolution.
- Interprets requests from departments to develop and maintain SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Works with business partners to implement new features / services / upgrades.
- Prepares documentation, user guides, and procedures to support administrative systems and participates in the analysis of new business practices to provide maximum effectiveness of automated methods.
- Consults with management and data owners to maintain and define business security roles and system access.
- Explores new features and services, and explores ways to simplify and streamline processes. Minimum and Additional Requirements: A bachelor's degree in computer science or management information science and one (1) year experience in computer programming or computer system development and modification; or an associate degree in computer science or computer technology and three (3) years of experience in computer programming or computer system development and modification; or a high school diploma and five (5) years of experience in computer programming or computer system development. Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of relational databases and familiarity with Microsoft SQL reporting. Experience in integrating and maintaining software packages central to the business, such as payroll, finance, HR, or student services. Knowledge and an understanding of structured processes, data interchange between systems and general application integration experience within complex software packages such as Ellucian Colleague or PeopleSoft. Ability to map out the steps of a process, such as installing a software package, or an upgrade to vendor provided software, working with system users to identify testing scenarios and expected outcomes, and to implement the software into the production environment; Ability to create clear and concise documentation. Ability to work for extended periods of time on a computer screen, to travel around campus to visit users. Ability to work a flexible schedule. Ability to travel the tri-county service area. Additional Comments: Attach a copy of unofficial transcripts and/or certifications for full consideration. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Job Title: Business Analyst II- Information Services
Agency: York Technical College
Opening Date: Wed. 06/13/18
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 06/24/18 11:59 PM Eastern Time
State Salary Range: Depends on Qualifications
Agency Hiring Range: Min: $39,960 Max:$56,947
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Location: York County, South Carolina
Normal Work Schedule: